The War in My Head

There's a war in my head,
It's me against myself,
The so called battle of Yin vs.Yang,
I keep fighting trying to better understand,
Which of these halves I am?

There's a war in my head,
What's right and what's wrong?
Who have I been all along?
Which side am I fighting on?
But I know there's a war,
And I've been fighting,
And I'm so tired now.

There's a war in my head,
It's me trying to outsmart myself,
I'm in constant motion, pushing and pulling,
Sometimes closer together,
Mostly in opposite directions,
I've been torn so far,
I feel like I've stretched enough to look upon myself,
Like I'm a part of me, yet so separate,
Infinite, yet so small and helpless.

There's a war in my head,
While I'm fighting to stay alive,
I'm only gradually killing myself,
While I use my intellect to better my future,
I sabotage it myself, just like i did in the past.
Whenever I gather courage to move forward,
My own fears and doubts pull me back,
My eyes need to be wide open,
And yet I have to be able to dream.

There's a war in my head,
And there's been too much blood shed,
Too many hopes dashed, too many friends snatched away,
This war only makes me more afraid,
More empty, more alone.
It's like everytime i fight,
The loser has been me everytime.

There is a war in my head,
And in trying to figure out who I should be,
It seems a lot of me has just died,
Now all that remains is rubble,
But from these ruins of my mind,
I'm going to leave the past behind,
And end this fight,
Will move on, forgive and forget,
Begin from where we first left,
Both me and myself,
Mastering the odds,
To ensure this story has a better end.



 

No comments: